The Best General Dentistry in Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge General Dentistry Procedures
Dr. Galliano has perfected thousands of smiles in the Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Prairieville and Gonzales areas through general and cosmetic dentistry procedures. We believe comprehensive and thorough evaluations are necessary to prevent dental diseases such as cavities, abscesses, oral cancer and gum disease (periodontitis). Attention to detail coupled with skill and quality materials are what sets Dr. Galliano from other dental offices. Dr. Galliano is known for performing painless root canals in baton rouge.
Below is a list of the general & cosmetic dentistry procedures and services provided by Dr.Galliano. This list includes evaluative, maintenance, repair and restorative procedures to help you achieve and maintain your optimal dental health.
- Exams – Comprehensive Clinical exams are done at the first visit, followed by routine exams at maintenance and follow up care in order to prevent dental diseases.
- Digital X-Ray – This new x-ray system is 90% less radiation than the traditional x-ray films used. You actually receive more radiation in a drive from Baton Rouge to New Orleans than you do in a lifetime of dental x-rays.
- Prophylaxis (Cleanings) – The standard of care for people without gum disease is to receive a dental cleaning and exam every 6 months.
- Cancer Screening – This is performed visually every maintenance or cleaning appointment and radiographically every 3 years with the use of a Panorex radiograph.
- Dental Sealants – These are a preventative measure used to cover the tiny cracks and fissures on top of a molar or premolar on both kids and adults.
- Crowns – Dr.Galliano uses the strongest and highest quality materials known to modern dental science, with a good laboratory to fabricate full coverage crowns, we achieve longer lasting dental work for our patients.
- Bridges – Bridges are a treatment option for replacing missing teeth. What most patients don’t realize is that the quality of the materials used to fabricate the bridge are what determines how strong the bridge is and how long it will last. Dr. Galliano believes in doing quality work that will last, there are no shortcuts when it comes our general and cosmetic dental restorations. We do quality work and we stand firmly by it.
- Extractions – This procedure is the last resort for teeth that can not be saved with a root canal, however immediate implant placement is an option to restore the patient’s mouth back to optimal function and health. We need our teeth to chew, speak, maintain facial profile structure and function in everyday life. Pulling every tooth that has “problems” can lead to TMJ complications as well as many other long term complications with the adjacent teeth.
- Bone Grafts – These are placed at the time of the extraction to preserve bone height and width that will be lost with the extraction. If it’s not done the patient’s risks the health of the surrounding teeth and limits the treatment options available to restore the missing tooth.
- Gum Lifts – This procedure is used in Cosmetic Dental treatments to get rid of “gummy smiles.”
- Periodontal Scaling & Root Planing – Periodontal Scaling is performed on patients with gum disease to remove the bacteria, biofilm, tartar, debris and diseased tissue from the gums and teeth. 85% of the population has some form of gum disease and it is directly related to overall health. Periodontal disease is a direct contributor to heart disease, heart attack, stroke, high cholesterol, diabetes, preterm low weight birth babies, decreased sperm count in men and Alzheimer’s.
- Antibiotic Therapy – Used to calm down infection in a tooth abscess so that a Root Canal can be performed.
- Night Guards– These are fabricated in long term treatment of TMJ, as well as clenchers, grinders and protecting dental veneers.
- Sleep Apnea Treatment and Therapy with Snore Guards – If you snore loudly or experience interruptions in breathing while asleep you have sleep apnea. We can make you a custom sleep apnea device that is comfortable and easy to use. Patients prefer Dr. Galliano’s snore guards for Sleep Apnea in Baton Rouge, Prairieville, Gonzales and Denham Springs.
- Athletic Guards – Protecting our children’s teeth are very important in sports with heavy physical contact. We can make athletic guards that are comfortable and provide better support while allowing the patient to speak and breathe easier than traditional guards.
- Equilibration – Equilibrating the bite allows optimum balance and pressure distribution throughout the mouth, this is used in conjunction with TMJ therapy.
- Sedation Dentistry – We offer our patients who feel a little nervous several options to make the visit as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Medications as well as Nitrous Oxide have helped thousands of phobic patients come visit us and to experience our gentle touch and painless dentistry. Nine times out of ten, these patients no longer need medication after the first few visits to finish their dental work, but we want to do everything possible to keep you comfortable with us and will do whatever it takes in order to achieve that.
- Digital X-Ray
- Prophylaxis (Cleanings)
- Cancer Screening
- Dental Sealants
- Bone Grafts
- Gum Lifts
- Periodontal Scaling & Root Planing
- Antibiotic Therapy
- Night Guards
- Sleep Apnea Treatment and Therapy with Snore Guards
- Athletic Guards
- Sedation Dentistry