Preventative dentistry is crucial for maintaining a healthy smile for the present and the future. Effective preventative dentistry is a combination of a regular at-home oral care and frequent in-office treatments and guidance from the team at Galliano Family Dentistry.
What is preventative dentistry?
Preventative dentistry is a division of dentistry aimed at preventing damage and disease to the teeth and gums through education, care, and regular checkups.
How can preventative dentistry help your future?
Preventative dentistry can help your future by preventing common gum diseases, oral cancer, and overall tooth and mouth health problems. This can save you money on more extensive dental treatments down the line.
What are some good practices for maintaining healthy teeth?
- Floss every day
- Brush your teeth daily
- Visit your dentist regularly
- Routine X-rays
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Drink more water
- Limit intake of acidic and sugary foods
- Limit soda intake and other sugary drinks
- Avoid smoking or using tobacco products
- Use a mouthguard when participating in certain impact sports
- Be cautious with hard foods, like candies, food with bones or seeds that could chip teeth
What are some benefits of preventative dentistry?
- Lowers your risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease, and other more serious dental issues
- Helps promote good dental hygiene habits
- Allows you to have early identification of potential dental problems
- Helps reduce dental problems related to some chronic medical conditions
Contact the Dentists at Galliano Family Dentistry for any of the following preventative dental services:
- Dental Cleanings
- Dental Exams
- Pediatric Cleanings
- Pediatric Exams
- Dental Sealants
- Mouth and Night Guards
- And More!
Contact our Dentists today to learn more about our preventative dental services!