“I Chipped My Tooth”
Are you suffering from a chipped or cracked tooth? There are a number of reasons a tooth can chip or crack, and thankfully, there are solutions to repairing the tooth after a crack or chip has occurred.
Teeth crack because of a variety of issues, including:
- pressure from teeth grinding
- chewing or biting hard foods (ice, nuts, or hard candy)
- fillings so large they weaken the integrity of the tooth
- blows to the mouth because of a car accident, sporting injury, fall, fight.. etc.
- abrupt changes in temperature in the mouth for example, eating something extremely hot and then trying to cool your mouth with ice water
- age, with most teeth cracks occurring in people over 50
What are the symptoms?
- pain when chewing or biting, especially when you release the bite
- sensitivity to heat, cold, or sweetness
- pain that comes and goes, but is rarely continuous
- swelling of the gum around the affected tooth
If you have chipped or cracked a tooth, worry not-the team at Galliano Family Dentistry will take care of you and your dental needs! Regardless of how or where you may have cracked your tooth, our experienced dentists can have your tooth or teeth fixed up beautifully, bringing confidence back to your smile. Contact us today to learn more!